European Chapter of the ACN
Purpose of the European Chapter
- Enhance the understanding of the relationship between metabolism, diet and the initiation prevention and treatment of diseases.
- Promote educational programs in nutrition and metabolism.
- Contribute to the training of scientists, physicians and dietitians expert in nutrition and metabolism with a cultural background deriving from their formation in more than one European University.
- Allocate human resources in nutritional and metabolic research, allowing the exchange of scientists among University, public or private research structures and pharmaceutical or food industries.
- Promote the exchange, for short or prolonged period of time, of personnel, mainly teachers but also students, nurses and dietitians among European Universities.
- Reinforce the scientific collaboration among research centers involved in different areas of metabolic research, such as genetics, biochemistry, physiology, clinics, mathematics, etc. In such a way, a scientific investigation can be analysed from different perspectives to improve focus on the core of the problem.
Executive Director/General Secretary: Amalia Gastaldelli, PhD, Institute of Clinical Physiology, CNR, Pisa (Italy)
President: Giuliano Ramadori, MD (Germany)
Scientific Secretary and Treasurer: Melania Manco, MD, Ospedale Bambin Gesù, Roma (Italy)
ECACN Board of Directors:
- A. Battezati (Italy)
- E. Leccesi (Italy)
- M. Fernandez-Real, Girona (Spain)
- Andrea Mari (Italy)
- John Nolan, Steno Institute, Copenhagen, (Denmark)
- A. Zorzano (Spain)
- L. Sidossis (Greece)
Immediate Past Executive Director/General Secretary: Geltrude Mingrone, MD Catholic University, Rome, Italy
- Tamas Szamosi, MD, PhD University Medical School, Budapest, Hungary
- Antonis Raftis, PhD, CNS (Cyprus)